Get Swipe up feature without 10000 followers!
I’m sure if you are reading this post, then you are a regular Instagram user. Cheers to my common sense! Anyway, so if you are a regular Instagram user, then you must be following some celebrity accounts, businesses, and brands or even some upcoming internet influencers who have thousands and millions of followers in their bucket. Naturally, you must be regularly following their stories as well? In many of these stories, they are promoting some external links to products, services, brands or merchandise that they endorse. So you must have noticed that these stories have a unique SWIPE UP call to action flashing at the bottom of the story. When you “Swipe up”, you are instantly redirected to an external link.
Now that’s just Instagram general knowledge. The point I’m trying to get to is that if you go to the stories section on your own Instagram and try to look for this swipe up feature to promote your external link or something, you may not find it, ESPECIALLY if you have less than 10,000 followers in your kitty! That’s simply because this swipe up feature is only accessible to users who have MORE THAN 10,000 FOLLOWERS in their list!
What if we give you a hack that will allow you to use the Swipe up feature in your Instagram stories even if you don’t have 10,000 followers on the list? Yes, this is absolutely possible and in this post, we will tell you how to do this!
SO LET’S DIVE IN!
Get Swipe up feature without 10,000 followers!
So to make this happen, there’s a tiny bit of hard work you will need to do, which is actually nothing. You just have to CREATE AN IGTV ACCOUNT (If you don’t already have one)!
- That’s easy! Just open your Instagram app. Tap on the IGTV icon on the top right corner of your home page.
- Tap on “Create channel” –> “Next” –> “Next” –> “Create channel”. Now your IGTV channel is ready in just 3 quick taps.
- Now you have to create a promo video for AT LEAST 15 seconds for your external link which you have to post on your IGTV channel (IGTV’s minimum video length requirement is 15 seconds).
- Now open your IGTV and click on the + icon.
- From the gallery, click on the video you just recorded.
- Next, add a title to the video.
- In the description field, add the external link you simply want to promote and post the video.
- Once the video is posted, tap on the title of the video and then click on the link in the description. You’ll be instantly redirected to that link.
Now you also have to post this same vide as your normal Instagram story so that your followers would get to know about it.
- Just swipe to your stories section and select that video from the gallery.
- Tap on the link icon on top of the screen.
- Click on the IGTV video option.
- Select the video and tap on “Done”.
Now the video is posted as your normal Instagram story as well! Let’s check it out from some other Instagram account on another phone.
- Open your friend’s Instagram account on his/her phone. Tap on your story on the Instagram story roll.
- Now you’ll see the story is uploaded and the link to your IGTV video is flashing at the bottom. Click on it!
- The IGTV video you had uploaded before will show up.
- Tap on the title of the video and then click on the link in the description. You’ll be instantly redirected to that link.
Please note that this is not the conventional swipe up feature which you see in celebrity, brands and popular business accounts, but it still works as a great alternative if you don’t have 10,000 followers in your bucket and you still want to promote your external links through your Instagram stories. Needless to say, this is an amazing trick if you are YouTuber and are looking to promote your YouTube videos through your Instagram stories!
Check out our video below to see exactly how it is done!