Now You Can Add Music To Instagram Stories! (COMING SOON)
Instagram is a great way to stay connected with the world through content sharing and in recent times, the developers have taken some great steps towards bringing Instagram’s online communities closer together, in a way that’s more engaging, inclusive, and fun! The Instagram stories section has witnessed the maximum and most frequent updates in the past few months. With so many editing tools to play with. Creating and posting stories on Instagram has become a fun experience for all Instagram users and with over 500 million people using Instagram Stories every day, Insta stories are used more widely than the usual posting of pictures and videos. Why?
- Posting Instagram stories is QUICKER AND EASIER!
- Instagram stories are only 15 seconds long, so viewers can quickly view it.
- Numerous story editing tools give you a chance to enhance your creativity so you can showcase your idea within that time.
- Instagram stories can be put up for 24 hours.
- You can keep Instagram stories as highlights on your profile for viewers to see it even after 24 hours.
- Instagram stories are a great way to interact with your followers through quiz stickers, polls and more, especially if you are a brand or influencer.
- The social media outreach of Instagram stories is much higher as compared to the regular Instagram posts.
With the rapid advancements being made by the Instagram developers every now and then, users are being gifted with cool new features and options on Instagram quite frequently.
SO WHAT’S NEW?
DID YOU KNOW you will soon be able to add music to Instagram Stories?
Another cool UPCOMING feature on the cards, this new feature was announced last summer, as that Instagram will soon be rolling out a new “Music Sticker”, that will let you select from thousands of music tracks that fit the mood of your story. This sticker is said to work for both videos and photos. Apparently, the Insta developers are working hard to include as many popular tracks as possible, starting from Stevie Wonder to Billie Eilish!
Though this feature hasn’t completely rolled out on a global scale yet and is still not available for Indian Instagrammers, we have a cool and comprehensive sneak peek for you into what this is all about and everything you need to know about adding music in Instagram Stories. So, here is what all you need to do once you are ready to start adding soundtracks to your next Instagram Story. Just follow the steps below!
How to Add Music to Instagram Stories?
- First, you need to make sure that you are using the latest version of Instagram on your phone. If not, download the latest version of the on iOS or Android.
- Once you’ve updated your app, go to Instagram Stories section.
- Choose a picture or video from your camera roll which you want to upload as your story.
- Once you’ve chosen a photo or video, tap the stickers button at the top of the screen and then tap the “Music Sticker”.
- This will open the Instagram music library where you will find thousands of songs to choose from.
- You can browse by mood, genre, or what’s popular or simply search for a specific song of your liking.
- You can also hear a preview of the songs by tapping the play button before adding it to your story too.
- Once you have chosen your desired song, you can fast-forward and rewind through the track to choose the exact part that fits your story.
- Just like posting videos on Instagram, you can also choose how long you want the music clip to play for. The maximum play limit is 15 seconds, as that is also the maximum length allowed for an Instagram story.
- Some songs you select from the list may have lyrics are available. If that is so, they should pop up automatically on your screen.
- You can even choose different fonts and designs for the lyrics that shall appear on the screen.
- You can also edit which part of the song you want to play.
- The people who are watching your story can tap the lyrics to learn more about the artist or listen to more of the song.
- Next up, you can also customize what the sticker looks by tapping it before publishing.
IT’S THAT SIMPLE!
Now that you are ready to post to Instagram Stories, you can also add GIFs, polls, hashtags or anything else from the various options that are available in the Instagram Story editor.
- Once convinced with your work, simply tap the “Your Story” button at the bottom of your screen, and you’re all set!
- An advantage for iOS users here will be that they can also choose a song before capturing your video or photo.
- Just swipe to the new “Music” caption under the record mode when you’re in the Instagram Stories camera.
- Rest everything from here on is the same as mentioned before.
As mentioned earlier, this new feature hasn’t been rolled out globally. Instagram announced in their press announcement, that the new music sticker feature is only available in “select countries” which for now include
- New Zealand
- The UK
- The US
It is unknown for now when other countries will have access to this feature, but we’re pretty sure this cool feature will hit everyone really soon!
Another path-breaking addition to this will be the ability to add lyrics to the music in your stories, which was also just announced by Instagram! These two features will put wings to all the creative ways that brands and businesses use to promote their content through Insta stories!