5 cool things to do with Gbox for your Instagram! (Part 1)
It’s been over a year since Gbox was created by a bunch of tech geeks obsessed with Instagram. Today with nearly 500k downloads, Gbox has been revamped into a cool Instagram tool while still maintaining its minimalist approach to the cool little things you can do to enhance your overall Instagram experience. If you haven’t used Gbox yet, the app offers you 10 different tools which you can use to play around with your stories and posts in different and artistic ways which can completely change the overall appearance of your Insta profile. That too effortlessly!
Gbox might be just another app of its kind in its niche, but its clean and minimalist approach, plus the fact that it is an ALL-IN-ONE toolkit makes it one of the most promising apps in the competition right now. So going all GA GA about the app, in this post, we are going to tell you 5 cool things you can do with Gbox for your Instagram.
**PS; This is the first part of a two articles series of “5 cool things to do with Gbox!”
5 cool things to do with Gbox for your Instagram!
1. 9 GRID
You may have seen many users on Instagram posting some chopped of grid type pictures which look weird and incomplete individually. However, when all the pictures are finally seen adjacent to one another on their Insta profile, you witness that it forms a complete big picture, WHICH LOOKS SO DAMN COOL!
So how do you do this with Gbox?
Gbox comes with an easy to use “9 Grid” tool, which is a cool photo “Chopping” tool that allows users to chop one picture into 9 smaller grid pictures that if joined together will form the complete picture, similar to a jigsaw puzzle. Let us demonstrate how it happens:
- Open the Gbox app and tap on the “9 Grid” option on the home screen.
- Now tap on “Upload image”
- Choose an image from your gallery which you want to chop! You can chop your picture 3×3, 3×2, 3×1, 2×3, and so on.
- Choose your chopping orientation and tap on “Chop it”.
- Now you’ll see that all your grids to be chopped have been numbered from 1 to 9 (Depending on the number of grids having chosen). Tap on “Save”!
- Your big picture has now been chopped and saved as multiple grids in your gallery.
- Now open your Instagram and get on with uploading the images. (Please be careful to upload the images one by one in the numbered order shown in the Gbox app before)
Here is how all the grid pictures would finally look on your Insta profile!
2. NO CROP POST
Enough of compromising the entire area of your beautiful picture to Instagram’s aspect ratio restriction. In case you aren’t aware of this, Instagram has set aspect ratios for pictures that are posted on their platform. For landscape (horizontal) photos, you can use aspect ratios up to 1.91:1. For portrait (vertical) photos you can use an aspect ratio up to 4:5. What this aspect ratio basically does is that it creates a sort of “Boundary” limit for a picture, implying that regardless of the surface area of the pic, You CAN NOT post the entire picture, if it exceeds the aspect ratio!
This may not seem like a major problem while posting pictures most of the times, and you may seem okay with some portions of the picture getting cropped out due to the aspect ratio, BUT when you have this once in a long time, insanely amazing and beautiful picture which HAS TO BE posted as a whole without getting cropped off, what do you do? This is where Gbox’s “No Crop Post” tool becomes your favorite toy!
Gbox brings to you a quick and slick No Crop Post tool, that allows you to post an entire picture on Instagram by fitting it into Instagram’s aspect ratio. Whether your picture is vertical or horizontal, you will be able to post the complete picture without having to crop off any portion from it and also without affecting the picture’s quality!
How does this work?
- Open Gbox and tap on the “No Crop Post” option on the home screen.
- Tap on “Upload image” and select a picture from your gallery.
- Next, choose whether you want a “Letterbox” image with no blurred extension to the sides or a picture with blurred side extensions.
- You can also choose a solid color for the sides of your chosen picture as shown below.
- Once you are satisfied with your picture, hit “Save” and the picture will get instantly saved in your device’s gallery!
AS SIMPLE AS THAT!
Now you can upload this picture on Instagram and it won’t get cropped even by a pixel!
3. GLITCH EFFECT
The “Glitch Effect” tool by Gbox is one of the favorites developed by the team. It lets you add some funky glitchy filters to you picture. The many filters that you can apply to a picture include:
- Touch Pixel
8 filters in one tool. How cool can it get! Using the tool is also extremely fun and easy. Let us demonstrate to you how it’s done!
- Open the Gbox app on your phone and tap on the “Glitch Effect” tool on the home screen.
- Now tap on “Upload image“
- Choose a picture from your gallery which you wish to edit using the tool.
- Now you’ll be shown all the 8 different filters that you can apply to your image. Scroll right and left to try each one out.
- You can tap on the filter name or the image to apply the filter. The more you keep tapping on the image, the intensity or variation of the filter will keep changing. So be careful with the tapping game here!
- Once satisfied with the image, hit “Save” and your pic will instantly be saved in your gallery.
4. SPACE ADDER
Some times the conventional spacing in the Instagram texts seem too monotonous and boring to say the least! You use Instagram on a daily basis, uploading posts regularly, using the same default spacing in your posts and at one point you’re bound to get bored. What’s even more frustrating, no matter how many times you click “Enter” (Android) or “Return” (iOS) to add spaces between lines in your caption, when you post the caption, there will be no space at all between the lines. THAT’S the reason why people add full stops between lines to “Add space”.
So now you want to add some spacing in your texts that you won’t get in the regular Instagram app. Let’s use the Gbox “Space Adder” tool for that! Here’s what you will need to do.
- Open the Gbox app on your phone and tap on the “Space Adder” tool on the home screen.
- Now enter whatever text you want. Keep hitting Enter/Return, depending on the spacing you want between successive lines.
- Once satisfied, hit “Copy text“
- Now you can paste this spaced text in your Instagram caption. This is how it would look like!
IT’S THAT SIMPLE!
5. BEST HASHTAGS
Hashtags are one of the most important aspects that govern the outreach and popularity of Instagram posts. It is a tool that allows users to search for targetted posts using hyper-specific keywords preceded by a hash sign (#). Searching for a specific hashtag will fetch you every post on Instagram that has been uploaded with that hashtag. That way, you can search for posts in a niche by users whom you don’t even know exist!
The use of hashtags in your posts is extremely crucial! Using the right and appropriate hashtags garner you more likes, views and follows. So it is necessary that the hashtags you use are relevant to your posts and make sense. Instagram as you know, allows users to add up to 30 hashtags in a single post. So you can use this as an opportunity to use the best and most productive hashtags that can help popularize your post and Insta profile! Now we understand that at times you may run out of choices for good hashtags for your content, that’s why Gbox has created their “Best Hashtags” tool!
As the name clearly suggests, this tool will suggest you the best possible hashtags for an image you wish to post on Instagram. Here’s what you need to do!
- Open the Gbox app on your phone and tap on the “Best Hashtags” tool on the home screen.
- Now tap on “Upload image“
- Choose a picture from your gallery for which you want hashtags. Once chosen, Gbox will automatically start processing the image for the best relevant hashtags. This may take a minute or so!
- Once done, you will be given a collection of the top 30 hashtags that can go with your image.
- Simply tap on “Copy all” and then post the hashtags in your caption while posting the image on Instagram.
If you are using the free version of Gbox, then you can use the Best Hashtags tool only 5 times a day. If you wish to have unlimited access to this tool, then you will need to upgrade to Gbox PRO, which will cost you ₹99 monthly or ₹49 annually!
So that’s it for this edition of “5 Cool Things To Do With Gbox“. Keep playing around with the app, and we’ll be back with the next part soon!