5 Cool Instagram tricks you should try out yourself!
As fun and entertaining Instagram is for users, the more useful it is for millions of people across the globe who post billions of photos and videos through millions of accounts daily from more than 100+ countries, making it the most used social media platform behind Facebook. World famous as well as upcoming celebrities, brands, and businesses have also made Instagram a social media hub for endorsing themselves and their products.
There are no too many limitations when it comes to features and functionalities of the platform, to be honest! And though the basic appearance of any Instagram account may look pretty much similar, there are some really cool tips and tricks that you can use to tweak the look and feel of your Instagram account while making your profile standout visually to your followers. So in this post, we are going to share the top 5 most subtle and useful Instagram tricks you can use for enhancing the appearance and functionalities of your Instagram account, posts, and stories, which would not only make Instagramming a joy ride for you but will also play a key role in attracting more followers!
5 Cool tricks for your Instagram account
- Align your Insta bio your way!
After your display picture (DP), your Instagram bio is the one thing that plays a major role in forming an impression about your profile as your viewers and followers “Thoroughly” go through when they visit your profile. So naturally, you would want your bio to look classy yet keeping it minimalist at the same time to make it stand out.
Getting the right alignment to your Insta bio by adding adequate and subtle spacing to your bio could make all the difference. Of course this may be a tedious task that may involve a lot of thought and some trial and error to get right, but in the end, you will have a “Visibly classy” the and eye-catching bio that really stands out from the rest!
How to do it?
- Open your Instagram account in a web browser.
(We recommend doing this in a web browser because doing it would be a lot easier in the desktop version than doing it on the mobile app)
- Copy the space between the arrows: >>⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀<<
(Do make sure that you’re copying the space between the arrows, not the arrows themselves)
- Tap the “Edit Your Profile” button from your profile page on Instagram.
- Paste the spaces you copied above before each line of text in the “Bio” text field. Add or delete spaces until you achieve the perfect centering and alignment of your text.
But yes, one really important thing to keep in mind here is the character limit. In case you may not be aware, all Instagram accounts are bound by a 150 characters limit for the Instagram bio. This implies that you need to be tactful with the spaces so as to not compromise on your brand messaging to get your alignment right. Here is an example of what your Instagram account may look like after the alignment is done! (Of course, the alignment varies from user to user)
AS SIMPLE AS THAT!
2. Preview multiple Instagram stories before posting
Perhaps the most attractive feature of Instagram is Instagram stories. Quite obviously, this feature allows you to share your day to day work, activities and lifestyle with your followers with each story staying up for a maximum of 24 hours (That is if you don’t keep is as a highlight)!
Instagram recently launched a new Stories feature for Android users that allows you to upload multiple Stories at once. Now that being said, you would obviously want to curate and preview your Instagram Story before putting it live. Fortunately, YOU CAN! Let us tell you how.
How to do it?
- First, swipe right into your Instagram stories.
- Simply swipe up from the Instagram Stories camera to roll out your media gallery.
- Tap on the “Multiple Images” icon in the top right corner of your screen.
- Then select the photos/videos you wish to post as your stories. You can select up to 10 photos or videos from your gallery.
- Once selected, tap on “Next”.
- You will now be shown the previews of your stories in the order you selected the photos/videos.
You can now edit the stories individually. You can resize, add texts, stickers and filters to your stories and once satisfied, simply share them!
3. Reply to Instagram Comments Faster
If you’re running a brand or business account on Instagram, then you may have been flooded with the same or similar kinds of “Generic” questions like “Hey, what time do you open?”, “Does this product have a warranty?” or “Are there any shipping charges?” over and over again by multiple customers. So providing prompt and timely answers becomes a nightmare task to execute! Now if you are an iOS user, we have a handy trick for you which will significantly help speed up your replies to generic messages.
How to do it?
- Go to your Instagram settings and select
General –> Keyboard –>Text Replacement
Now you’ll see a list of pre-populated keyboard shortcuts.
- Click the + sign in the upper right-hand corner
- In the “Phrase” section, type the generic response you would like to create.
For example: “Hi there! We’re open from 9 am to 6 pm every day. Do drop in whenever the time suits you!”
- Now additionally, in the “Shortcut” section, type a word or abbreviation that will represent that full phrase, like “IGopening”
The use of this shortcut here is that anytime you want to use that specific comment, you simply type in your shortcut instead of writing that entire comment over and over again and your phone will automatically create the full phrase for you! You can also tap each one to edit them individually.
4. Share Links on Instagram Stories
For those of you who might not be aware, Instagram allows users to share external links through their stories. Now, this feature really comes in handy if you are a YouTuber and looking to promote your new video through your story. This is also a great option for promoting any product or services from your brand or business.
How to do it?
- Swipe right into your Insta story and record a short 5 seconds story.
- Now tap on the link icon on top of your screen.
- Now enter the URL you wish to promote in the given field.
- Once the story is posted, people who see your story can swipe up to go to this page.
Please note that since this option uses Instagram’s swipe up feature, it can be only utilized by Instagram accounts that have more than 10,000 followers on their list. However, if you don’t have 10,000 followers and still wish to utilize the swipe up feature, then you can do it by trying out our hack to get swipe up feature without 10,000 followers!
5. Add rainbow text to your Instagram stories
Instagram allows you to create eye catchy stories with the use of numerous fonts, colors, stickers and more. When it comes to adding and editing texts to your stories, there are some cool and interesting features that you can use to make the text look appealing. Most people toggle with the solid color options, which is too typical and everyone knows about. What not many people know is that you can also add rainbow color to your texts. Writing rainbow text on Instagram stories gives a different and refreshing look at an otherwise boring single-colored text as every color shows up in a different shade!
How to do it?
- Swipe right to your Insta story and simply click a picture or upload one from your gallery.
- Write the text that you want to the people to read.
- Now, tap and select the text that you just added to your story.
- Once you do that, hold one finger on one of the colors until a gradient pops up.
- Now, hold the other end of the cursor at the same time, and move both your fingers towards the opposite end until your text gets filled with the gradient rainbow colors. Here’s what it’ll look like:
There’s no doubt that this trick is slightly tricky to work with and requires some patience, but the text looks really good once you execute it properly!
You can also download and try out the Gbox application on your iOS and Android devices to get the most out of your Instagram posts and stories. Gbox is an all-in-one Instagram toolkit comprising 10 cool tools that you can use to do so much more with your Instagram content.